Menu principale

my 94 pig- future sm..

Aperto da zipper, Dicembre 14, 2007, 00:27:13 AM

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

gbking

Citazione di: zipper il Gennaio 06, 2008, 14:44:48 PMGonna powder coat the frame and the swingarm. :)

Which color would you use for the frame?
I've used silver and it looks really nice! ;)

About the swingarm, I don't know if it's actually a good idea to paint it... ???
Would paint stay on, during a normal use of the bike?

Maybe, you could anodize the alloy... ;)
   GBking       
"Non dire gatto se non ce l'hai nel sacco ma sopratutto non dire mulo..."
gbking_on_the bike             PezzyBoy: tessera n. 001             Stultorum mater sempiter gravida
'Dottore, sono venuta per prenotare un disagio ormonale, un test gravitazionale e un talpone vaginale'

zipper

Citazione di: Barte il Gennaio 06, 2008, 15:19:17 PM
Nice idea! It's the right season to do this kind of work...

I don't know how is the weather in Portougal, but where I live is snowy  :D :D ..the right weather to make some new modification   ::)

HI!.Here in Portugal you can ride bike all year long....sometimes is cold but snow is very rare only in North.At this moment sky is clear,sun shines and is 16º C!!!!And the bike is at pieces.... :-\

zipper

Citazione di: gbking il Gennaio 06, 2008, 17:03:22 PM
Citazione di: zipper il Gennaio 06, 2008, 14:44:48 PMGonna powder coat the frame and the swingarm. :)

Which color would you use for the frame?
I've used silver and it looks really nice! ;)

About the swingarm, I don't know if it's actually a good idea to paint it... ???
Would paint stay on, during a normal use of the bike?

Maybe, you could anodize the alloy... ;)

im gonna powder coat the swing arm in black and the frame in graphite grey.
Actually powder coat is one of the best options to paint alluminium.For steel frames like XR not so good but still nice.
The problem of powder coating frame is that XR keeps oil in the frame and so you have to isolate all points where oil might pass like threads and hoses connections.The piece is sprayed with paint in powder and then goes to a oven about 200ºC + -
It gives a nice finish and its durable but still flexible.The problem about steel is that might become rusty under the paint..

Frame colour will be this.It doesnt look at the pic but it haves a small metallic shine.

zipper

Hi! Already have the KTM steering stem machined to fit XR bearings. Saturday i will try to fit to see how it looks.Wish me luck!!!!

Ciao.  Carlos

Marvo e la Roccia

Me ne basta una di ruota ... perchè ne hanno messe 2 sulle moto????

No al pulsante si alla pedivella... la fatica ripaga

gbking

GBking       
gbking_on_the bike             PezzyBoy: tessera n. 001             Stultorum mater sempiter gravida
'Dottore, sono venuta per prenotare un disagio ormonale, un test gravitazionale e un talpone vaginale'

mvc76

We want pics after the work!  ;)

mvc76
Chi va' piano, va' sano e va' lontano....
chi va' forte...arriva un po' prima!!

..la mia ex

Barte

Miata...because life is too short to drive a Golf.

zipper

Cant believe this shit..Went at my uncle´s bike shop today so i could press the stem on the lower clamp but his pressure table is broken.So for now i cant see how it looks on the XR.

Hmmmmm: new idea....bang my head on it till the stem got pressed...Damn...Maybe next week...

Hasta..

Yes,i will post pics later.

gbking

Citazione di: zipper il Febbraio 02, 2008, 00:54:09 AMnew idea....bang my head on it till the stem got pressed...Damn...Maybe next week...

Beware of breaking the stem! :P :D

Just kidding! ;)
   GBking       

zipper

Frame sand blasted and Zincated.Next step: Powdercoating!!

zipper

Frame powdercoated.Looks better than i thought it would look.Nice!!My cat check it and thinks the same :)

gbking

Zipper, why did you choose a dark grey finish?

I see it is gloss, but isn't it so shiny, is it? ???
   GBking       

buldozer

BULDOZER

Mura